sometimes, like when the weather starts to get warm again, i find myself struck by the fact that most of the time, female clothing is designed to be form-fitting and breast-enhancing (low cut, for instance), yet showing off breasts is somehow shameful.
don’t you dare show me cleavage or nipples you slut, but please, wear these clothes which bring our eyes right to your impossible-to-avoid cleavage and the place where your nipples should be
ladies kinda can’t win, can they?
The LokilizerI aim to misbehave
About A Girl | Archives Of Pain | Ask Me Ask Me Ask Me | Pick 'n' Mix
This afternoon, I stepped in to help out at the playgroup where I worked last year. When it came to home time, one little boy, who I think is 4, was riding a pink Barbie bike round the room while h…
So this is a thing that happened to me yesterday.
Tagged: #feminism #gender #gender stereotypes #my stuff
#bic for her
Reblogged from: cookiekween
Reblogged from: acciobenedictcumberbatch
kill me. kill me right now.
This makes me really angry
Lewis’s law is an observation she made in 2012 that states “the comments on any article about feminism justify feminism.” Lewis has written frequently about misogynist hate directed at women online.
#kill me now
Reblogged from: theywillliveagaininfreedom
It is unfair to ask a woman to leave aside her personal experience and discuss feminist issues in the abstract. You are discussing the stuff of her life. Asking her to “not make it personal” is to ask her to wrench her womanhood from her personhood. Don’t play Devil’s advocate. Seriously. Just don’t.
Reblogged from: loveyourrebellion
Reblogged from: jdbfanclub
Fuck slut shaming.
It’s not slut shaming, it’s called self respect. You just don’t show your breasts all the time, they’re privates. Shut the fuck up.
why should anyone’s nipples be such a big deal though? it’s a bit weird to say that it’s okay for men to be shirtless and not women… I respect myself quite a bit and sometimes I’ve posed topless. it doesn’t make me a bad person and if someone loses respect over me showing a body part that literally everyone has, they’re regressive.
The reason breasts are considered “privates” is because misogynist culture oversexualizes the female breast despite it not being a sexual organ. The fact the males can go around shirtless in most public places (even if they are large enough to have breast-like pecs themselves) and females can’t is sexism, end of story.
Self respect isn’t about rather or not you show your breasts, it’s about being comfortable with your choices. If you want to pose topless, that’s okay. If you don’t, that’s okay too. What’s not okay is doing what the girls in the top picture are doing and saying you’re better than someone else because you choose one way and they chose another.
Telling women that they should be ashamed for choosing something that doesn’t hurt them or others (and by hurt them, I mean like choosing to do drugs or something like that), you are contributing to the patriarchy and oppression.
bolded for emphasis
Reblogged from: sherlockholmesisreal
Oxford University students on why we need feminism
Reblogged from: rochewastestime
Just leaving this here…
Daniel Craig, 007 cross dresses to support equality (by RTAmerica)
Holy fuck. I was going to make a quip about how much he looks like J.K. Rowling, but then the tears at the end happened, and my heart made a very uncomfortable kinda sideways lurch in my chest…
OH MY GODDDDD. I already love Dame Judi Dench but this solidifies Daniel Craig as a fantastic human being in my mind (I already liked him for arguing with the writers of Casino Royale that Vesper should be clothed when in her fetal position in the shower after seeing her first violent death, rather than in some state of “sexy” undress.)
1. This video is wonderful.
2. I didn’t know that about Daniel and that shower scene! That information made me happier than this video, quite honestly. Keep being wonderful, Daniel Craig.
Okay yes it has Daniel Craig crossdressing, but there’s also a really important message in this. Looooove
Oh how I love him.
tbh I like that he doesn’t speak. The ad is about women, and narrated by a woman, and one of the most iconic male fictional characters dresses like a woman. There’s really nothing for him to talk about tbh. He’s kinda setting an example for other men? He’s listening, and he’s empathizing. One of the most macho fictional characters ever is listening to his female boss and it’s not funny or played for laughs, and it’s respectful.
/idk two cents
some really powerful stuff
Such a powerful video. I really respect Daniel Craig so much for this. And I didn’t know about the Casino Royal thing. He’s just gone up even higher in my estimations.
Reblogged from: gwainenovak
- Feminists: Hey. We'd like for women to be treated as equals.
- Society: Oh sure. You want "equality" but then you expect men to open the door and pay for meals, is that it? That's not equality! That's special treatment!
- Feminists: Um, no not really. You don't have to open the door and pay for our meals. We can do that ourselves.
- Society: *gasp* What? You don't want men to open doors for you? Why do you hate nice people? No wonder chivalry is dead! You'd yell at a man for just being polite and opening the door for you?
- Feminists: No! We're just saying you don't have to do it just because we're women!
- Society: And while we're at it, how come you don't protect male victims of abuse and rape, huh?
- Feminists: Actually, we think it's really terrible that men are forced to stay quiet about their abuse because they're worried about not being taken seriously. It's this Alpha Male myth that causes it. Men are abused and raped and they're not helped because men are supposed to be tough and able to handle it. This also goes for men not being able to express emotions.
- Society: Oh, so you just want men to be a bunch of pansies then, huh? You hate men for wanting to be strong LIKE NATURE INTENDED THEM TO BE. You'll be sorry when you end up married to some weak, simpering fool who likes to talk about his "feelings"!
- Society: Also, you can't have equal rights because women aren't aggressive enough to want higher pay and stuff.
- Feminists: HOW ABOUT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON?
- Society: Jesus, calm down. No need to be so aggressive.